[Avodah] Ohr lagoyim

M Cohen via Avodah avodah at lists.aishdas.org
Sun Jun 5 05:45:51 PDT 2016

> On Tue, May 31, 2016 at 12:15 PM, saul newman wrote:
>> when did this concept in chazal begin?  to which generation could it
practically have been implied?
>> was it ever taken seriously?

There are multiple r Avigdor miller shiurim where he demonstrates clearly
that Jewish ideas have slowly entered the goyishe (western) world thru us.

Where Jews did not live, our teachings have yet to have the same effect (far
east, Africa, etc)

This is also the message of r Aryeh Kaplan in 'If You Were God'
http://www.aish.com/sp/ph/48970646.html

See r ken Spiro's 12 part series world perfect where he demonstrates that
this has occurred
http://www.aish.com/sem/wp/

Numerous sefarim say that that galus occurred bc we were not on a sufficient
madraidga to be world educators from our home in Israel, so we had to be
dispersed amongst the nations so that we c be closer to them (so that they c
learn from us)

Its true we spent most of our history just trying to survive, but by osmosis
(and more) our ideas and ideals have molded and raised the level of
humanity as a whole

Mordechai Cohen

=======
http://free.pctools.com/