[Avodah] rights of adopted parents

Micha Berger via Avodah avodah at lists.aishdas.org
Sun May 29 05:36:38 PDT 2016

On Thu, May 26, 2016 at 10:23:15PM -0400, Zev Sero via Avodah wrote:
:>> There's not much debate about yichud -- almost everyone says it's forbidden.
:>> Certainly in Chabad there's no debate at all; the Rebbe paskened that it's
:>> forbidden, and that's that.

:> Saying that almost everyone says it forbidden is an exaggeration.

: No, it isn't.  See the list in the previously cited article (I think you
: were the one who cited it).   RMF is one of the very few who permit it.

OTOH, given the size of the observant American community loyal to RMF's
pesaqim, anything he says can't simply be dismissed as "rare" either.

RYBS was meiqil as well.

And, FWIW, was R' Zvi Flaum, a talmid of R' Dovid Lifshitz's - now RY of
Shaarei Tzion, oour LOR back when we adopted and the question first arose.

I am also curious... RMMS pasqened? Didn't he generally delegate that
role to others, leaving himself as head mashpia / moreh derekh, rather
than moreh hora'ah?

Did this somehow become an emotionally charged machloqes, like eruv for
some reason tends to?

micha at aishdas.org        5 weeks and 1 day in/toward the omer.
http://www.aishdas.org   Chesed sheb'Yesod: What is the kindness in
Fax: (270) 514-1507                 being a stable and reliable partner?