[Avodah] how to fix a mamzer

Eli Turkel via Avodah avodah at lists.aishdas.org
Sat May 21 11:20:53 PDT 2016

I found an extended article on how to fix a mazer (tihur mamzerim)
from avnei hamakom volume 15 from Rav Oren Zwick

As to marrying a shifcha he nrings that minchat yotzchak outlawed it
because of dina demalchuta
Rab Breish (Chelkat Yaakov) - in a series of letters between them
disagrees. In fact it is suggested that in Israel marriage is
conducted by the rabbinate and halachically they should be able to
allow a shifcha. It is stressed that this is on condition that it be
done officially-legally by the Israeli rabbinate.

He also discusses other options and ends with a reference to Yevamot 68b
and bet shmuel 2:18 in the name os sefer charedim that a mamzer can't
live more than 12 months

> I suspect that this is still a micasting of the original.  I expect that the
> original didn't say that he is the *father*, but that he is the host who is
> inviting people to the wedding (a role that in *most* cases is played by
> the father, but not in this case).

I am confused. I emphatically stated that anyone who wants to see the
original to contact me and I would send it. Why suspect what is written
when one can check it yourself

The words that R Zilberstein uses are harei she - "avi hakallah"
bnidan didan hu ha-abba ha-choreg Obviously the adoptive father is not
the "real" father is considered like the real father and is the one who
should be listed as the father in the invitation

> I'm sure this is misreported; what difference does it make whether the
> father is alive or dead, his relatives are the same!

Be-kewtuba raui lichtov et shemo shel ha-av ha-amiti hedei she-lo tezei
taut u-machshla be-nisue krovim. Umnam be-yetoma kotvim et shemo shel
mi she-gidel otah aval ke=she-ha-abba chai yesh lichtov et shemo

I again strongly suggest that anyone who wants to challenge my
interepation of the psak look at the original and not guess based on
his knowledge what 2 major poskim state.

--
Eli Turkel