[Avodah] how to 'fix' a mamzer

Lisa Liel via Avodah avodah at lists.aishdas.org
Tue May 17 09:26:09 PDT 2016

On 5/17/2016 8:35 AM, Ben Waxman via Avodah wrote:
> 1) Wouldn't marrying a Jewess be better than marrying a non-Jew? No
> issur involved.

But then their sons are challalim.

> 2) L'ma'aseh, does anyone today check to see if a woman wanting to
> marry a cohen has a status of a tzona (other than checking if she is a
> convert or divorcee)?

Zona, with a zayin.  I know one couple who, when they went to get
married, were told by their rabbi that she was a virgin.  That he didn't
want to hear about what she'd done or not done.  Granted, she wasn't
marrying a kohen, but I guess there's a chazaka.

Lisa

---