[Avodah] how to 'fix' a mamzer

Zev Sero via Avodah avodah at lists.aishdas.org
Sun May 15 16:59:15 PDT 2016

On 05/15/2016 02:45 PM, via Avodah wrote:
> However my father z'l strongly disapproved of telling people such
> eitzos to avoid messing up their kids.  I suppose he felt it was
> tantamount to telling a man that it's OK to sin because he can avoid
> the consequences of sin.

That is the difference between the scenarios you describe and the one
we're discussing, a mamzer marrying a shifcha.  Although that is usually
forbidden, Chazal specifically permitted it for a mamzer, so there's no
reason not to encourage him to do it.

--
Zev Sero               Meaningless combinations of words do not acquire
zev at sero.name          meaning merely by appending them to the two other