[Avodah] Shiur for Kesem today

Zev Sero via Avodah avodah at lists.aishdas.org
Sun May 15 05:32:47 PDT 2016

> I am wondering, how can we today be toleh bema'akholes? BH we live in a
> place and time where healthy people are not plagued with lice and whatnot,
> that this is a likely alternative explanation.

Bedbugs are back, and can strike anywhere, and the first indication of
their presence, long before one actually sees them, is the kesamim they
leave behind.  I wonder if "maacholes" actually means bedbug, but even if
it doesn't the same principle applies.

--
Zev Sero               Meaningless combinations of words do not acquire
zev at sero.name          meaning merely by appending them to the two other