[Avodah] which is more problematic

via Avodah avodah at lists.aishdas.org
Thu May 12 11:04:15 PDT 2016

From: saul newman via Avodah _avodah at lists.aishdas.org_
(mailto:avodah at lists.aishdas.org)  in  Avodah Digest, Vol 34, Issue 53

>>  i wonder if one can consider [for the communities that  do not sanction
these two days]  which of Yom Hashoah and Yom  Haatzmaut  would be more
objectionable,  from both a halachic and  hashkafic perspective. <<

What is objectionable to me is the slyly provocative tone of this
question.  But I will take the occasion to draw your attention to what I  have
written in the past about Yom Hashoah.  This is from Cross-Currents,  2005.  (I
don't recommend wading through all the comments there  though.)

http://www.cross-currents.com/archives/2005/05/06/yom-hashoah/

And in 2006, in the comments section to a post by Shira Schmidt
[http://www.cross-currents.com/archives/2006/05/04/the-controversy-over-holocaust-falle