[Avodah] Eating chametz that was sold to a Goy - was RE: kitniyot

Zev Sero via Avodah avodah at lists.aishdas.org
Tue May 10 08:52:01 PDT 2016

On 05/10/2016 06:50 AM, Marty Bluke via Avodah wrote:
> The fact is that it's actually not really possible not to buy chometz
> that was sold to a goy in Israel//because none of the hechsherim
> (even the mehadrin one like Eidah Hacharedis, R' Landau, R' Rubin)
> hold from this chumra. Therefore there is no supervision as to when
> things were baked amd what ingredients were used and the
> manufacturers/stores can simply print whatever they want and no one
> is checking that it is true.

Since it's only a chumra, why not just trust the manufacturer?   Most
manufacturers are honest, and if you happen to come across one who isn't
you haven't really lost anything.

In any case, while there are of course those who look for the "baked after
Pesach" label for kashrus reasons, I assume that *most* people who look for
this label do so as a guarantee of freshness.

--
Zev Sero               Meaningless combinations of words do not acquire
zev at sero.name          meaning merely by appending them to the two other