[Avodah] Salted butter?

Simon Montagu via Avodah avodah at lists.aishdas.org
Sat May 7 21:35:19 PDT 2016

On Sun, May 8, 2016 at 6:26 AM, Zev Sero <zev at sero.name> wrote:
> Tenuvah unsalted butter is available in 10g, 100g, and 200g packages
> with normal hechsher, because it contains shabbat milk...
>
> Salted butter seems to be available in Israel only in 200g blocks, and
> only with normal hechsher, because of the use of shabbat milk...
>
> However the butter sold in the USA, both salted and not, doesn't seem to
> have this problem....

Thanks for all the info, but I think the question is still open: *why*
doesn't Tenuva sell salted butter made without shabbat milk in Israel? In
other words, what is cause here and what is effect? Is there some reason
why people who only eat Badatz don't eat salted butter anyway, so there's
no point in selling it here?