[Avodah] Rav Sharki on university students

Rich, Joel via Avodah avodah at lists.aishdas.org
Wed Apr 27 14:46:56 PDT 2016

> Speaking of non-classical logics
> <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Non-classical_logic>, I heard RYBS
> discuss bein hashemashos one year in a yarchei kallah shiur in which
> he asserted that halakhah is a multivalent logic (one that allows
> for values other than true vs false). Frankly I think he meant that
> halakhah uses a logic that has no law of contradiction.
----------------------
I heard him say several times that Judaism does not believe in the law of the excluded middle.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Law_of_excluded_middle

Moadim lsimcha
Joel Rich
THIS MESSAGE IS INTENDED ONLY FOR THE USE OF THE
ADDRESSEE.  IT MAY CONTAIN PRIVILEGED OR CONFIDENTIAL
INFORMATION THAT IS EXEMPT FROM DISCLOSURE.  Dissemination,
distribution or copying of this message by anyone other than the addressee is
strictly prohibited.  If you received this message in error, please notify us
immediately by replying: "Received in error" and delete the message.
Thank you.