[Avodah] The Arba Parshiyos

Micha Berger via Avodah avodah at lists.aishdas.org
Thu Apr 7 03:18:38 PDT 2016

On Thu, Apr 07, 2016 at 12:10:20AM -0400, Zev Sero via Avodah wrote:
: Also, there seem to be those who say that the Yaacov ben Meir Levi who
: wrote Yetziv Pisgam was Rabbenu Tam (though I've never heard that he
: was a levi).  If so, it *must* be a preface to the day's targum, since
: by RT's day they certainly used the same annual cycle that we do.

... in parallel to the already existing Aqdamos. So it could be a 2nd
hand reflection of the cycle in use when Aqdamus was written, rather
than a dispoof of connection to the cycle.

(BTW, the "-ta" ending is traditionally ascribed to the idea that when a
Jew stops learning Torah (tav) he must immediately begin again (alef).
A homily that does fit a siyum on Devarim and starting Bereishis far
better than leining inyana deyoma. Of course, who knows if that was
really the author's intent. It is a "cute" understanding of the piut
and worth sharing either way.)

And Yetziv Pisgam does not refer to pausing to give a preface before
starting The Word.

Micha Berger             "Someday I will do it." - is self-deceptive.
micha at aishdas.org        "I want to do it." - is weak.
http://www.aishdas.org   "I am doing it." - that is the right way.
Fax: (270) 514-1507                   - Reb Menachem Mendel of Kotzk