[Avodah] The Arba Parshiyos

Zev Sero via Avodah avodah at lists.aishdas.org
Wed Apr 6 21:10:20 PDT 2016

On 04/06/2016 06:29 PM, Simon Montagu via Avodah wrote:
> There is a nice siman for this in (IIRC) R. Zevin's Sefer Hamo`adim.
> The 4 Parshiyot parallel the 4 kosot at seder: you can drink between
> 1st cup and 2nd or between 2nd and 3rd, or both, but not between 3rd
> and 4th. So too there can be a normal Shabbat between Shekalim and
> Zachor or between Zachor and Fara, or both, but not between Fara and
> Hahodesh.

Well, obviously, since Parah is *defined* as the Shabbos before Hachodesh.
I don't see how a siman helps with that.

[Email #2. -mi]

On 04/06/2016 09:10 PM, Zev Sero wrote [about Akdamus]:
> Why not a preface to the day's laining?

Note that Tosfos Megillah 24a d"h Uvenavi says that in their day
they still did targum of the haftaros on Pesach and Shavuos, and also
that of matan torah (i.e. the leining of the first day of Shavuos),
but not that of any other leining or haftarah (d"h Lo Shanu on the

Also, there seem to be those who say that the Yaacov ben Meir Levi who
wrote Yetziv Pisgam was Rabbenu Tam (though I've never heard that he
was a levi).  If so, it *must* be a preface to the day's targum, since
by RT's day they certainly used the same annual cycle that we do.

--
Zev Sero               All around myself I will wave the green willow
zev at sero.name          The myrtle and the palm and the citron for a week