[Avodah] Fitbit on Shabbos

via Avodah avodah at lists.aishdas.org
Sat Apr 2 21:33:41 PDT 2016

From: Akiva Miller via Avodah  <avodah at lists.aishdas.org>

>> There seems to be an idea that  Hilchos Shabbos ignores invisible
actions,
but in my experience this idea is  very new. ....
Let's say that there is a posek
who rules leniently on  these devices, and he bases his ruling on this
principle that tiny things can  be ignored. What precedent is there? What
lenient rulings existed 25 or 50  years ago, based on that same principle?

Akiva Miller

I don't know if this is the same kind of thing or not, but it's always been
 mutar to walk around outside on Shabbos without worrying that you might be
 stepping on ants or other small bugs that you didn't notice and didn't
mean to  kill.

--Toby  Katz
t613k at aol.com
..