[Avodah] Pesach minhag

saul newman via Avodah avodah at lists.aishdas.org
Mon Apr 11 16:21:41 PDT 2016

I learned recently that some in chabad have a minhag not to eat ka'arah
foods at the seder after ritual use.  Eg.  No romaine salad, no chrain on
fish.  I wonder if any other groups have such a minhag , a nd what might be
the origin of such a custom.

2nd question.   In re nuts on pesach ,   It seems all the major agencies
cite that any additive free whole nuts are ok without special cert. (
pecans excepted) . However the detroit vaad recommends assuring the nuts
are paked in a hametz free facility. This is NOT noted by OU, CRChic, etc.
 i wonder if this would be an economic hardship that the non haredim lidvar
hashem would hold to. Interestingly the costco kirkland nuts remark that
they maybe packed in a place w wheat, soy ,etc...