[Avodah] 31 Days Before the Bar Mitzvah: A Primer on Mitzvah Observance in a Double Adar

Prof. Levine via Avodah avodah at lists.aishdas.org
Sun Apr 3 10:08:37 PDT 2016

Just like most other Bar Mitzvah bochurim, my son Mordechai Zev
started donning his Tefillin a while before his actual Bar Mitzvah
this past Rosh Chodesh Adar Sheini, as part of his preparations. Yet,
unlike most others who start donning Tefillin two or three months, or
more commonly, one month prior to the actual 13th birthday, my son
started wearing Tefillin 31 days before his Bar Mitzvah, an opinion
not explicitly found in any early halachic codex. But to understand
why, some background about Double Adars is in order...

To understand why, read the article
"<http://sable.madmimi.com/click?id=10500.20497.236.1.8fcf8dda0d18b2461b6f223fc27b9a16>Insights
Into Halacha: 31 Days Before the Bar Mitzvah: A Primer on Mitzvah
Observance in a Double Adar".

For all of the Mareh Mekomos / sources, just ask.
<http://sable.madmimi.com/click?id=10500.20497.237.1.37a18e36388c71430b8f09a83b7e2bff>Insights
Into Halacha is a weekly series of contemporary Halacha articles. If
you enjoyed the article, please share it with friends and family. To
sign up to receive weekly articles simply email me.

kol tuv and Good Shabbos!
Y. Spitz
Yerushalayim
<mailto:yspitz at ohr.edu>yspitz at ohr.edu