[Avodah] What Do French Jews Do On Shabbath?

Ben Waxman via Avodah avodah at lists.aishdas.org
Wed Feb 17 10:30:10 PST 2016

I can't answer all of your questions but I can throw out one possibility
for one issue, the motion detectors. Rav Rabinovitch has ruled that the
basic issue with these devices are "ovdah d'chol".  The source below
gives his reasoning. People who learned in Maale Adumim have told me
that he is very clear about this psak.  Therefore, RR concludes that any
device set off when someone passes by these devices is not a problem.

http://ravtzair.blogspot.co.il/2014/07/blog-post_6.html