[Avodah] Chayav livsumei

Zev Sero via Avodah avodah at lists.aishdas.org
Sun Mar 20 18:18:00 PDT 2016

On 03/18/2016 05:22 PM, saul newman via Avodah wrote:
> Is this a separate mitzvah apart from the classic four?

No, it's not a mitzvah.   The Amoraim were not authorised to make up
their own mitzvos.  Thus there is nothing to be "yotzei".   It's part
of the observance of Purim, like saying Ve`al Hanissim, or reading
Vayavo `Amalek.  If one omitted it then his total Purim experience was
deficient in some measure.  How much deficient?  I don't know, maybe
as much as one who gave matanot la'evyonim, and gave generously, but
didn't heed the dictum "kol haposhet yad".

--
Zev Sero               All around myself I will wave the green willow
zev at sero.name          The myrtle and the palm and the citron for a week