[Avodah] Length of Kilt

Zev Sero via Avodah avodah at lists.aishdas.org
Wed Mar 9 10:36:12 PST 2016

On 03/09/2016 11:24 AM, Prof. Levine via Avodah wrote:
> Please see the clip at http://web.stevens.edu/golem/llevine/kilt_wed_dance.mp4
>
> I know that a lady's skirt is supposed to be long enough so that when
> she sits down her knees are covered. Am I to deduce from this video
> that there is a  different standard for kilts?  If so, what is the
> halachic source? >:-}

No, you are to deduce that there is a different standard for men.
I believe it's universally accepted that men are allowed to wear shorts
that end above the knee, and short-sleeved shirts that end above the
elbow (but below where the tefillin go).   So why would a kilt be any
different?

--
Zev Sero               All around myself I will wave the green willow
zev at sero.name          The myrtle and the palm and the citron for a week