[Avodah] symbolic limits

Micha Berger via Avodah avodah at lists.aishdas.org
Mon Mar 7 14:23:08 PST 2016

On Mon, Feb 29, 2016 at 10:14:08AM -0500, David Riceman via Avodah wrote:
: We often find Hazal saying A is a symbol of B, e.g., ein mayim ela
: Torah.  Do we ever find Hazal saying A can't be or isn't a symbol of
: B?

Well, you would need a situation where assuming A being a symbol for
B is a reasonable hava amina. Otherwise, ein ladavar sof, to rule out
every possible pair of flag and territory.

I'm having a hard time even thinking of a case to start searching for.