[Avodah] ad blockers

Zev Sero via Avodah avodah at lists.aishdas.org
Mon Mar 7 12:20:01 PST 2016

On 03/07/2016 03:16 PM, Micha Berger via Avodah wrote:

> If somoene does something that if done by everyone would ruin the web
> site's business model, and thus damage the owner's parnasah, R' Asher
> Weiss would probably call it chamas, dor hamabul style. (When everyone
> stole less than a shaveh perutah, and therefore there was no geneivah.)

Stealing less than shevei perutah *is* geneivah.   It's not repayable,
which makes it *worse* than stealing a greater amount and then returning
it.  That alone should be enough to distinguish it from something that
isn't geneivah at all, even if it would undermine the site for everyone
to do it.

--
Zev Sero               All around myself I will wave the green willow
zev at sero.name          The myrtle and the palm and the citron for a week