[Avodah] Moshiach Ben Yosef

Isaac Balbin via Avodah avodah at lists.aishdas.org
Thu Mar 3 10:52:03 PST 2016

On 4 Mar 2016, at 12:42 AM, Lisa Liel <lisa at starways.net> wrote:
>> On 3/3/2016 6:49 AM, Isaac Balbin via Avodah wrote:
>> It's curious that R' Akiva wasn't considered the possible Moshiach,
>> and only the warrior Bar Kochba was. I know R' Akiva was from Gerim,
>> but does Moshiach have to be Ben Achar Ben from David HaMelech?

> First of all, yes, of course Mashiach has to be ben achar ben from
> David HaMelech. Second of all, ... Mashiach is a *temporal* (political)
> leader and not just a religious one.

I have a recollection of a shiur snippet from Rabbi Yosef Bechoffer
which I heard a little of in my car, where he said to the best of
my recollection that with the mixing of our blood today this wasn't
relevant. I may be misquoting him. If anyone has his email address I'd
appreciate his views here

[I Bcc-ed him, just in case RYGB would otherwise have missed this post.
-micha]