[Avodah] Un-supervised Events could be Un-Kosher Events

Micha Berger via Avodah avodah at lists.aishdas.org
Tue Feb 9 10:33:25 PST 2016

On Wed, Feb 10, 2016 at 01:16:30AM +1100, Rabbi Meir G. Rabi via Avodah wrote:
: The question really is does Halacha require a Mashgiach a supervisor to
: ensure prevention of all those things that COR warn about in that article?

True, we are not obligated to protect gainst minor risks.

That said, the establishment of hekhsheirim did create something of a
Catch 22 -- by their very existence far more things are efshar levareir
and therefore require birur, thus demanding we use said hekhsheirim.

The Catch 22: we need them primarily because they exist already.

Micha Berger             A person must be very patient
micha at aishdas.org        even with himself.
http://www.aishdas.org         - attributed to R' Nachman of Breslov
Fax: (270) 514-1507