[Avodah] Rav Shimon Schwab on Women Learning Torah

Zev Sero via Avodah avodah at lists.aishdas.org
Tue Feb 2 13:30:48 PST 2016

On 02/02/2016 04:11 PM, Prof. Levine via Avodah wrote:
> I do not understand your question.  Does the RAMBAM say that a prophet must be a talmud chocham?

The most basic requirement to be capable of prophecy is to be a chacham,
gadol bechochma [...] baal deah rechava nechona ad me'od [...] yikanes
lapardes [...]

There's no specific mention of Torah, but since Torah is Hashem's chochma
how can one be a chacham without it?

--
Zev Sero               All around myself I will wave the green willow
zev at sero.name          The myrtle and the palm and the citron for a week