[Avodah] Haftara of Pekudei

David Cohen via Avodah avodah at lists.aishdas.org
Tue Mar 8 02:05:28 PST 2016

I'm interested in learning whether there are any Ashkenazi communities in
chutz la'aretz, besides those "descended" from Frankfurt (such as KAJ),
that will be reading the haftara "Vaya'as Chirom" (Melachim I 7:40) this
Shabbos (as per the Maharash, Maharil and Eliya Rabba) rather than
"Vatishlam kol hamelacha" (Melachim 1 7:51).

R' Arie Folger, do you know what will they be reading in Basel?  Munich?
Vienna?

This particular scenario, where Pekudei is "open" for its own haftara
(rather than that of one of the 4 parashiyos), and there was no second
Shabbos Chanukah (on which "Vaya's Chirom" would have already been read),
hasn't come up since 5757 (19 years ago).

-- D.C.