[Avodah] A Simple Yes or No Question

Rich, Joel via Avodah avodah at lists.aishdas.org
Fri Nov 27 08:07:12 PST 2015

>>  Do you believe that HKB"H never gives one a test they can't pass
>>> without sinning (in the objective sense)?
>>> KT
>>> Joel Rich
>> -------------------------------
>> From: Lisa Liel [mailto:lisa at starways.net]
>>
>> Yes.
>> =======================================
>> For clarification purposes - would someone who eats treif because a gun is put to their head be considered "sinning"?  What about one who has Tourette's and continually curses?
> No, and no.  In the first place, one who eats treyf because a gun is put to their head is *obligated* to do so.  One who has Tourettes would presumably have a din of oness.
>
> Lisa

----------------
Which solves the problem but yields a slippery slope. A pure determinist would go so far as to say that no one who commits a crime should be considered blameworthy as they were in essence an onnes.  Society may need to protect themselves but the offender is not to be blamed for his actions.
Somewhere in between are those who would say that some schizophrenics and other forms of mental illness,    homosexuals etc. are all oness to the extent that they cannot control their biological Destinies.  Who draws the line and where was the question that I was trying to get at   (other than hkbh in the ultimate sense)
Kol tuv
Joel
THIS MESSAGE IS INTENDED ONLY FOR THE USE OF THE
ADDRESSEE.  IT MAY CONTAIN PRIVILEGED OR CONFIDENTIAL
INFORMATION THAT IS EXEMPT FROM DISCLOSURE.  Dissemination,
distribution or copying of this message by anyone other than the addressee is
strictly prohibited.  If you received this message in error, please notify us
immediately by replying: "Received in error" and delete the message.
Thank you.