[Avodah] Shehecheyanu on Matza

Simon Montagu via Avodah avodah at lists.aishdas.org
Tue Oct 20 05:27:22 PDT 2015

On Tue, Oct 20, 2015 at 12:43 AM, Zev Sero via Avodah <
avodah at lists.aishdas.org> wrote:

>  One doesn't say shehecheyanu on the anniversary of having bought
>>
> ones house, no matter how happy one is not to have lost it, and even if
> there was a serious danger of losing it during the year.

This ties in to a question that has been on my mind this week. Of course
not everybody says sheheheyanu on Atzma`ut, not even everybody who says
Hallel, but plenty do, and I heard in the name of Rav Goren in a shiur this
week: "You say sheheyanu on a shirt and you don't say it on the medina?"

But the logic doesn't work, or rather only worked in 1948: nobody says
sheheheyanu on the shirt's anniversary, and we don't say sheheheyanu on the
anniversary of any of the other nissim done for Am Yisra'el (except the
ones with a hag or a mitzva associated with them). I wonder how Rav Goren
vesi`ato would respond.