[Avodah] al hanisim

Micha Berger via Avodah avodah at lists.aishdas.org
Mon Dec 14 12:57:24 PST 2015

On Mon, Dec 14, 2015 at 10:08:25PM +0200, Eli Turkel via Avodah wrote:
: As an aside on the identity of the kohen gadol in al hanisim. From what I
: have seen the first place where the words of al hanisim occur are is siddur
: Rav Amram Gaon and no one knows the true origin of the prayer

Yeah, but... We do know it was written at the latest by a gaon and
withstood well over a millennium of "peer review" by chakhamim across
the globe. Anything /that/ enshrined in the siddur has got to be
reliable.