[Avodah] maaseh avot siman lebanim

Micha Berger via Avodah avodah at lists.aishdas.org
Sun Dec 6 12:36:49 PST 2015

On Sun, Nov 29, 2015 at 06:49:53PM +0200, Eli Turkel via Avodah wrote:
: We are supposed to learn how to act from the avot.

: The problem is that we frequently we have opposite mefarshim on what
: happened

Meaning, we are supposed to learn how to act from how the avos are
portrayed, which is all we really know about how they act.

This "problem" is true all over halakhah; why should this be any more
immune to machloqes? We do what we always do: find which of the paths
up the Har Hashem is going to be ours, and follow it. In terms of the
lessons drawn, eilu va'eilu divrei E-lokim Chaim.