[Avodah] Kosher Turkey and Women Rabbis and Mesorah

Micha Berger via Avodah avodah at lists.aishdas.org
Fri Dec 4 04:00:48 PST 2015

On Fri, Dec 04, 2015 at 01:13:25AM -0700, Daniel M. Israel via Avodah wrote:
: I think your reply got much more into the details then the point I
: was making...

As I understand it, you are distinguishing between turkey, which called
for innovation because the situation is new vs ordaining women, in
which claiming that today's woman poses a new situation is itself what
needs proving.

Which is a valid contrast.

I was just saying that the whole comparison fails to begin with because
you cannot handwave over the details. Halakhah was given in a legal
format, details matter. Just looking at a vague concept like "see, we
do innovate" is meaningless, and therefore I felt that contrasting the
kinds of innovation secondary.

Like detail and technology, and complaints that begin, "If we can send
a man to the moon, why can't we..."

:-)BBii!

Micha Berger             It isn't what you have, or who you are, or where
micha at aishdas.org        you are,  or what you are doing,  that makes you
http://www.aishdas.org   happy or unhappy. It's what you think about.
Fax: (270) 514-1507                        - Dale Carnegie