[Avodah] Ahab

Ilana Elzufon via Avodah avodah at lists.aishdas.org
Tue Dec 1 00:30:12 PST 2015

RET: Ahab's children were not Jewish since their mother Jezebel was not
Jewish

> and hence certainly not fit to be kings    Nevertheless Tanach indicates
> they were wicked but not that they were illegitimate kings

Izevel's daughter, Atalia, married Yehoram ben Yehoshafat, king of Yehuda.
Atalia was the mother of Achazia and the grandmother of Yoash, both malkhei
Yehuda. My late first husband, R' Moshe Sober z"l, liked to point out that
the entire line of Beit David from that point on depends on the giyur of
Izevel. So apparently, even though she was wicked and an ovedet avodah
zarah, her giyur remained valid.

- Ilana
ilanasober at gmail.com