[Avodah] conversion monitoring

Zev Sero via Avodah avodah at lists.aishdas.org
Thu Nov 26 12:07:22 PST 2015

On 11/26/2015 02:55 PM, Micha Berger wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 26, 2015 at 02:30:21PM -0500, Zev Sero via Avodah wrote:
> : Since when is such a child entitled to object and revoke her conversion?
> : Who holds such a thing?

> For a geir qatan, non-rejection of mitzvos about becoming a gadol/ah is
> qabbalas ol mitzvos. Kesuvos 11a

Only if converting without his parents, and al daas beis din rather
than al daas his father.

> So that's not really the question. Perhaps it's one of whether
> you aree with RAD whe he wrote on 11/26/2015 9:17 am:
> : >Could it be that the mother was already pregnant, and the daughter is
> : >thus considered an independent convert...
>
> The Noda biYhudah (EH 1:23) sees both sides of that question, whether
> the fetus would be a giyores qetanah, or a born Jew.

I had a brief look at that teshuva and don't see any such question.

> See the Pischei Teshuvah 268:6.

Indeed see there; he doesn't cite any opinion or possibility that such
a child is able to object.

--
Zev Sero               All around myself I will wave the green willow
zev at sero.name          The myrtle and the palm and the citron for a week