[Avodah] maaseh avot siman lebanim

Zev Sero via Avodah avodah at lists.aishdas.org
Wed Nov 25 13:04:10 PST 2015

On 11/25/2015 03:23 PM, T613K at aol.com wrote:
> I've never heard of this. Where is it written?

In the same place where the rest of the story is written. Sotah 13a.
It's the conclusion of the story.

> Could you fill in the rest of the story? Yakov saw Esav's blood on
> whose feet -- Esav's feet or Yakov's feet?

Yaacov's feet.

> Yakov saw? Yakov laughed? When -- after he had died?!

Yes. Yaacov, after he had been dead for 70 days, and had been
embalmed by the Egyptian methods which involved removing his internal
organs, opened his eyes, saw Esav's blood on his feet, and laughed,
as the pasuk says "The tzadik will rejoice when he sees revenge, and
washes his feet in the rasha's blood".

On 11/25/2015 02:29 PM, T613K at aol.com via Avodah wrote:
> Chushim ran back to Egypt and fetched the original shtar.

Naftali ran back to Egypt to fetch the document. Chushim wasn't willing
to let his zeide just lie around for a few days until Naftali could return,
so he solved the problem the direct way, by killing Esav.

--
Zev Sero
zev at sero.name