[Avodah] yaakov comes home

Micha Berger via Avodah avodah at lists.aishdas.org
Wed Nov 25 02:43:19 PST 2015

On Tue, Nov 24, 2015 at 07:28:41PM -0800, saul newman wrote:
: meaning, he should have refused to his mom's ruse to steal the bracha,
: or should have answered 'hakol kol' by saying 'it's me, yaakov' ?
:
: or meaning  he should have given the soup with no strings attatched?

I took the Sefas Emes as talkig more like we do about Dinah avoiding
Esav... About things he could have done other than those two to bring
him back. Take a look inside.

I also found http://heichalhanegina.blogspot.com/2006/12/kibud-av-part-two.html

The Modzitzer Rebbe points to the last 2 years. His ability not to rush
home immediately shows that Yaaqov motive even during the 20 years was
not just to do what his father said and come right back.

Micha Berger             One doesn't learn mussar to be a tzaddik,
micha at aishdas.org        but to become a tzaddik.
http://www.aishdas.org                         - Rav Yisrael Salanter
Fax: (270) 514-1507