[Avodah] Changing Nusach HaTefila

via Avodah avodah at lists.aishdas.org
Sun Nov 22 19:00:13 PST 2015

Date: Wed, 11 Nov 2015

>>I believe Rav Moshe held that  while one could switch from Sefard to
>>Nusach Ashkenaz,  one  could not switch from Nusach Ashkenaz to Sefard.

YL

This is a perennial on Avodah. The basic rule is that Litvishe poskim  say
you can switch from Nusach Sfard to Ashkenaz but not the other way around,
while chassidishe poskim say you can switch from Nusach Ashkenaz to  Sfard
but not the other way.

The former say that Nusach Ashkenaz was everyone's original nusach,  that's
why you can switch back to what your forebears did.  The latter say  Nusach
Sfard is a higher, better, more holy nusach, that's why you can switch
from what your forebears did to the new improved model.

--Toby Katz
t613k at aol.com
..