[Avodah] informing on death

Micha Berger via Avodah avodah at lists.aishdas.org
Tue Oct 27 15:13:03 PDT 2015

On Tue, Oct 27, 2015 at 11:22:22AM +0200, Eli Turkel via Avodah wrote:
: One of the halachot that has bothered me for a long time is the law not to
: tell people about a death except for sons who need to say kaddish...

I never heard of such a thing. The permissibility of not telling a
daughter, yes, eg if she is a cholah she'ein bah saqanah (which might
be YD 337:1), but an actual ban on informing? News to me.

Mar'eh meqomos?

Micha Berger             Here is the test to find whether your mission
micha at aishdas.org        on Earth is finished:
http://www.aishdas.org   if you're alive, it isn't.
Fax: (270) 514-1507                        - Richard Bach