[Avodah] THE MISSING "VOV"

Micha Berger via Avodah avodah at lists.aishdas.org
Thu Oct 8 16:11:25 PDT 2015

On Fri, Oct 02, 2015 at 02:08:56PM -0400, Cantor Wolberg via Avodah wrote:
: Has anyone ever noticed in the Sukkot Torah reading, third day of chol
: hamo’ed, the word "minchatam" does not carry a vav? (29:24, 1st word)

Shemini Atzeres (pasuq 37) too, but that's a different yom tov.

Other alterations in the mussafim for Sukkos: Most days end
"veniskah". But day 2 ends "venikeihem", and day 6 ends "unsakheha"
(with an inserted yud).

I recall that the extra letters are two used and a mem, spelling
the "mayim" of nisuch hamayim, but I forgot how it worked.

Micha Berger             None of us will leave this place alive.
micha at aishdas.org        All that is left to us is
http://www.aishdas.org   to be as human as possible while we are here.
Fax: (270) 514-1507            - Anonymous MD, while a Nazi prisoner