[Avodah] De-Chokifying Arayos (including MZ)

Kenneth Miller via Avodah avodah at lists.aishdas.org
Mon Jul 27 05:00:41 PDT 2015

I asked:

> I would not speak this way if the topic was a machlokes
> rishonim. Can someone please point to another major Rishon
> besides the Iggeret ha-Kodesh who holds that way?

Alternatively, can anyone cite other halachos, where for centuries the acharonim followed the Shulchan Aruch, and then in recent decades, the poskim decided to follow a minority rishon?

My first instinct is to say that the shitos of the Gra are in this category, but there were those who followed the Gra ever since his day, and the only real change is that his views became more and more widespread. Was there ever a community that was known for following the Iggeret ha-Kodesh in this inyan until recently?

Akiva Miller