[Avodah] B'Leil Zeh

Micha Berger via Avodah avodah at lists.aishdas.org
Sun Jul 26 07:50:48 PDT 2015

On Sun, Jul 26, 2015 at 10:30:37AM -0400, Prof. Levine wrote:
: B'Leil Zeh is referring to the night of the 9th of Av and the many
: things that occurred then.  Last night was, of course,  the night of
: the 10th of Av.  Does it really make sense to have said B'Leil Zeh
: on the 10th of Av?

Now that you made me think about the question, I would ask the reverse
one. Bayis sheini was set aflame shortly before sheqi'ah on the 9th and
burned through the 10th.

So wouldn't beleil zeh only fit a postponed ta'anis?

As for bayis rishon... I'm still sorting my way through understandings
of Yechezqeil and the Yerushalmi.

RMT, kedarko (see <http://www.hamakor.org>) touches on a nice subset of
sources at
http://download.yutorah.org/2012/1053/Tisha_Bav_To-Go_-_5771_Rabbi_Torczyner.pdf

Cc: R' Mordechai Torczyner

--
Micha Berger             Mussar is like oil put in water,
micha at aishdas.org        eventually it will rise to the top.