[Avodah] Dan leKaf Zekhus

Micha Berger via Avodah avodah at lists.aishdas.org
Mon Jul 6 13:39:31 PDT 2015

When I got on the subway this morning, there was a pregnant woman already
standing holding on to the poll nearest the door I just came in through.

So, feeling all heroic, I asked her quite loudly and pointedly, "Do you
need me to embarass someone into getting up for you?"

She replied, "No, thank you. A number of people offered when I just
got on, but I was more comfortable standing than on the train's benches."

I blushed, and sheepishly muttered apologies to those around us.

As I said: Dan lekaf zekhus. Not just the law, a good idea.