[Avodah] 13 Middos

Micha Berger via Avodah avodah at lists.aishdas.org
Mon Sep 7 16:32:39 PDT 2015

On Sun, Sep 06, 2015 at 10:18:07PM -0400, Zev Sero via Avodah wrote:
: Yes, that is exactly what it is: magic.  Theurgy, as R Micha calls it.
: Hashem promised that when we say these 13 words He will listen, so we
: say them and invoke that promise.

: Another indisputable example of theurgy in Judaism: burning ketores
: to stop a plague.  This is explicitly not about the kavana, but a
: magical power that the holy ketores has..

Where is this made explicit?