[Avodah] trivia questions

via Avodah avodah at lists.aishdas.org
Thu Jul 30 10:38:33 PDT 2015

From: Eli Turkel via Avodah  <avodah at lists.aishdas.org>
"

2) name at least 2 halachot  that we learn from wicked people in Tanach

--
Eli  Turkel

Don't  know if this is what you had in mind but I can think of  these:
[1] A woman cannot be married without her consent -- learn from Lavan --
"Nish'alah es pi hana'arah" before sending Rivka off with Eliezer to marry
Yitzchak.

[2] A younger sister cannot marry before the older sister (unless she gets
permission from her) -- from Lavan again, excusing himself for giving Leah
to  Yakov instead of Rachel.

[3] Celebrating seven days of sheva brachos -- from two places.  One  is
Lavan again -- give Leah a week to celebrate and then Yakov can marry  Rachel.
 And from the Pelishti "friends" of Shimshon who celebrated his  wedding
for a week.

[4] We also learn from Izevel (Jezebel) that it's a big mitzva to dance at
a wedding, to be mesameach chassan vekallah, but strictly speaking this is
not  in Tanach, it's a midrash.

--Toby Katz
t613k at aol.com
..