[Avodah] Alternate texts for the Prayer for the Government

Simon Montagu via Avodah avodah at lists.aishdas.org
Mon Jun 29 15:15:23 PDT 2015

On Mon, Jun 29, 2015 at 3:29 PM, Mordechai Harris via Avodah <
avodah at lists.aishdas.org> wrote:

> Here's the one I shard last time from the De Sola Pool Siddur.
> <http://www.aishdas.org/avodah/faxes/deSolaPoolPrayerForGovernment.pdf>

Can you also share  the publication details and/or title page of this
siddur? What I know as the De Sola Pool Siddur is not the same as in this
link. I have the second edition of 1977, and the title page says:

BOOK OF PRAYER
ACCORDING TO THE CUSTOM OF THE SPANISH AND PORTUGUESE JEWS

Edited and translated by
DAVID DE SOLA POOL
Minister of the Congregation Shearith Israel
in the City of New York

PUBLISHED BY THE
UNION OF SEPHARDIC CONGREGATIONS
NEW YORK

The prayer for the government begins with the usual "Hanoten teshu`a
lamelachim"