[Avodah] Worker or Craftsman

Micha Berger via Avodah avodah at lists.aishdas.org
Mon Jun 15 14:44:30 PDT 2015

On Thu, Jun 11, 2015 at 12:34:36PM -0400, Zev Sero via Avodah wrote:
: Eruvin 65a: Anan po`alei diy'mamei anan.

The context is talmud Torah, and speaks to the fact that when it comes
to Torah, it's the amount of learning, not the success at comprehension,
that matters most.

See also the Me'iri ad loc, who says simply that R' Nachman bar Yitzchaq
is saying we should learn the whole day, because that's the only way we'll
fully understand. Which alines with R' Zeira's statement, when he was
complemented "Mechadedan shema'iskha!" and he replied "diyemama ninhu."

I do not think it can be applied to my question -- whether life is a job
of "be good as long as you're here", or if we each have a specific task
we were put here to accomplish.

Micha Berger             Take time,
micha at aishdas.org        be exact,
http://www.aishdas.org   unclutter the mind.
Fax: (270) 514-1507            - Rabbi Simcha Zissel Ziv, Alter of Kelm