[Avodah] More on Who Wrote the Mishna Brura

Micha Berger via Avodah avodah at lists.aishdas.org
Thu May 28 08:39:11 PDT 2015

On Thu, May 28, 2015 at 11:11:28AM -0400, Prof. Levine via Avodah wrote:
:  I wonder if these words were on the title page of the first
: publication of each volume of the MB...

Why wonder?

Each volume:
1. http://hebrewbooks.org/pdfpager.aspx?req=49623&pgnum=1 - Warsaw 1884
2. http://hebrewbooks.org/pdfpager.aspx?req=49624&pgnum=1 - Warsaw 1895
3. http://hebrewbooks.org/pdfpager.aspx?req=49625&pgnum=1 - Warsaw 1891
4. http://hebrewbooks.org/pdfpager.aspx?req=49626&pgnum=1 - Warsaw 1898
5. http://hebrewbooks.org/pdfpager.aspx?req=49627&pgnum=1 - Warsaw 1902
6. http://hebrewbooks.org/pdfpager.aspx?req=49628&pgnum=1 - Pietrekov 1907

(None call him ga'on, all have pretty much the same self description.)

These fit the years of the first editions that wikipedia gives, based
on "The Chafetz Chaim" by R MM Yoshor, pg 603.

(But even if wiki has it wrong, they are editions published by the author.)

Micha Berger             Rescue me from the desire to win every
micha at aishdas.org        argument and to always be right.
http://www.aishdas.org              - Rav Nassan of Breslav
Fax: (270) 514-1507                   Likutei Tefilos 94:964