[Avodah] More on Who Wrote the Mishna Brura

Micha Berger via Avodah avodah at lists.aishdas.org
Thu May 28 07:19:04 PDT 2015

On Thu, May 28, 2015 at 12:57:05PM +0300, Eli Turkel via Avodah wrote:
:> <<And many of the books we consider the Gra's are students' records of his
:> teachings. For that matter, people talk about what the Ari says in Peri
:> Eitz Chaim or others of R' Chaim Vital's works.>>

: They state clearly these are things they heard from the Gra, Ari etc. No
: misleading.

I'm not sure about such disclaimers on the Gra's talmidim's writings,
aside from Maaseh Rav.

And if so, lo kol shekein in our case! Here we have the author of Shemiras
haLashon -- someone known for thinking about what he said -- calling
the MB "beiuri", "od tzarafti" "ki bo biarti", "upo hir'eisi", and "kol
eileh chbarti..." on the title page. How can one argue he didn't oversee
the entire work and checked the content? Nothing about parts being by

Micha Berger             What you get by achieving your goals
micha at aishdas.org        is not as important as
http://www.aishdas.org   what you become by achieving your goals.
Fax: (270) 514-1507              - Henry David Thoreau