[Avodah] More on Who Wrote the Mishna Brura?

Micha Berger via Avodah avodah at lists.aishdas.org
Tue May 26 12:44:13 PDT 2015

And many of the books we consider the Gra's are students' records of his
teachings. For that matter, people talk about what the Ari says in Peri
Eitz Chaim or others of R' Chaim Vital's works.

RALC piously takes blame for those occasions when he misunderstood
his father's position, saying that these errors, rather than actual
inconsistencies in the CC's shitah, is what you may find in the MB.

But the CC takes ownership of the contents of the MB. See the
title page <http://hebrewbooks.org/49623> (Warsaw 1884 ed.) "Ube'uri
qarative besheim MISHNAH BERURAH..." ... kol eileh chibarti be'ezras
H' yisbarakh, haChonen le'adam da'as, YISRAEL MEIR br' Aryeh Ze'ev
haKohein zlh"h, mei'ir Radin."

Micha Berger             I long to accomplish a great and noble task,
micha at aishdas.org        but it is my chief duty to accomplish small
http://www.aishdas.org   tasks as if they were great and noble.
Fax: (270) 514-1507                              - Helen Keller