[Avodah] Zilzul Shabbos

Zev Sero via Avodah avodah at lists.aishdas.org
Thu May 21 13:44:22 PDT 2015

On 05/21/2015 08:09 AM, Arie Folger via Avodah wrote:
> No one ever suggested it is chillul Shabbos to eat gevldige Sushi. At worst, some puerile yeshive boocher called it goiyishe maakhoolim.

Chilul Shabbos, no, but I have heard people seriously claim that it's
forbidden to eat milchigs on Shabbos because it's "not shabbosdik",
and specifically citing as "obviously" ridiculous the idea of eating
lasagna on Shabbos.  Which struck me as funny, since I recall one Rosh
Hashana, no less, being confronted with an excellent milchig lasagna,
made with fake meat, and having to wait to eat it because I was still
fleishig from lunch.

--
Zev Sero               I have a right to stand on my own defence, if you
zev at sero.name          intend to commit felony...if a robber meets me in