[Avodah] Another Chumera ends up Involving a Kula

Zev Sero via Avodah avodah at lists.aishdas.org
Thu May 21 13:51:26 PDT 2015

On 05/21/2015 04:38 PM, Micha Berger wrote:
> On Thu, May 21, 2015 at 02:46:27PM -0400, Zev Sero wrote:
> : No, they're not.  None of these tekios are "bechinam", any more than the
> : last 30 kolos "le`arvev es hasatan", or a katan blowing for practice.
>
> Having 100 qolos as learned from Eim Sisera's 100 cries is a minhag
> recorded already in the Arukh, and is mentioned by Todafos and the
> Rosh in RH pereq 4. (AhS OC 596:1)

Yes, but what of the extra 30 kolos after davening?  Those are not in the
100 kolos, they're just le'arvev es hasoton, and yet nobody seems to raise
this objection to them.

> The the AhS continues (se'if 2) with the already mentioned Rama,
> "ke'achar sheyatz'u bazeh, ein litqoa od bechinam". Which is why I said
> that blowing more than 100 qolos for reasons less than minhag requires
> a qula-dik reading of "chinam".

No, it's not kuladig, it's just what the word means.  Any valid reason
is not chinam.

--
Zev Sero               I have a right to stand on my own defence, if you
zev at sero.name          intend to commit felony...if a robber meets me in