[Avodah] RMA

Micha Berger via Avodah avodah at lists.aishdas.org
Wed May 13 15:04:22 PDT 2015

On Wed, May 13, 2015 at 11:32:51PM +0300, Eli Turkel via Avodah wrote:
:> OTOH, pasqening for oneself has a major problem that one doesn't face when
:> answering others' questions -- vested interest vs objectivity.
:
: I understand the concern. However, there is no halacha that a rabbi can't
: pasken on his own chicken.
: In fact in real life we all pasken for ourselves on some level. Anytime one
: has a shabbat question he can't always run to the LOR...

I was using "pesaq" to refer specifically to open questions that require
shiqul hada'as. Your typical Shabbos question is about a devar mishnah.

To quote Rt Chana Luntz from Mon, 7 Sep 1998, 8:33pm BDT: 20:33:38 +0100,
a post about not combining chumeros:
> ... the Rashba on our daf in Chullin [43b], who hold that a Rav only
> needs to pay if there is shikul hadaas and not a mistake in a dvar
> mishna, are forced to conclude from this that Rava's mistake was in
> shikul hadaas - see there].

It would seem that a devar mishnah is not a pesaq that the rav is
as responsible for our following his teaching rather than getting
the halakhah correctly from some other source.

micha at aishdas.org        5 weeks and 4 days in/toward the omer.
http://www.aishdas.org   Netzach sheb'Yesod: What is imposing about a
Fax: (270) 514-1507                          reliable person?