[Avodah] explanation

Zev Sero via Avodah avodah at lists.aishdas.org
Mon May 11 17:57:01 PDT 2015

On 05/11/2015 05:46 PM, saul newman via Avodah wrote:
> the torah's law on who may do the actual avodah [ ie mum-free] is not
> PC by today's standards, and in fact was a source of consternation
> for some shabbos guests last week [ not to mention the column of a
> heterodox clergylady in the local paper, who says she can't even read
> those passages] .  i didn't have an answer other than to say [ other
> than the chok aspect]  that the RBSO was looking from the perspective
> of the kahal and their kovod, and how they would react or be
> distracted by a baal mum.
>
> can someone supply a better take ?

What's the difficulty?  Hakriveihu no lefechosecho.  The dignity of a king,
and especially of The King, demands that all who serve Him be perfect in all
respects.   People with physical imperfections may be wonderful in many ways,
but they are just that, imperfect.  The current political correctness that
refuses to acknowledge this is literally insane.

--
Zev Sero               I have a right to stand on my own defence, if you
zev at sero.name          intend to commit felony...if a robber meets me in